HAZWOPER (Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response) is the training program that comes under OSHA standards 29 CFR. The 8-hour HAZWOPER refresher course is developed for workers exposed to potential threats and illnesses at toxic waste sites.
The OSHA HAZWOPER 8-hour refresher constitutes of nine modules which extensively cover the risks associated with working in hazardous waste sites.
The course broadly explains the following topics falling under the category of Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER):
- HAZWOPER regulations
- Site Characterization
- Hazard Recognition
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Medical Surveillance
- Confined Space Entry
- Emergency Procedures
HAZWOPER Refresher Training | Learning Outcomes
The OSHA 8-hour refresher training systematically educates the workers and employers about the harmful conditions and the health hazards present at a toxic waste site. After the completion of the 8-hour refresher course, the candidates will possess sufficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Candidates will have a thorough understanding of the OSHA regulations and requirements.
- Individuals will be able to comprehend the concept of Site Characterization.
- The 8-hour HAZWOPER supervisor training will expand the worker’s knowledge about the principles of toxicology. The completion of the online HAZWOPER refresher will authorize individuals to relate the toxicology principles with different types of chemical exposures.
- With OSHA 8-hour supervisor training, workers will be able to describe potentially hazardous situations involving solvents, corrosives, reactive chemicals and oxidizers.
- After completing the OSHA 8 hr refresher online, individuals will have an in-depth understanding of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and how to select the correct PPE following the HAZWOPER refresher requirements.
- After completing the HAZWOPER refresher course, workers will understand the principles of decontamination. Also, 8-hour HAZWOPER training will allow the employees to distinguish between the levels and methods of decontamination.
- The online HAZWOPER refresher training will help students understand the confined space permit system. Additionally, the 8-hour refresher allows individuals to identify the main confined space atmospheric hazards, the types of ventilation, and gain an overall understanding of medical concerns associated with confined spaces.
- 8-hour HAZWOPER refresher online course provides students with the understanding of the numerous considerations in an emergency situation and emphasize the significance of training to ensure the personal safety and the wellbeing of others.
OSHA 8 Hour Refresher Training | Course Requirements
The 8 hour HAZWOPER refresher training requirements include the following:
- The hazmat refresher course is written and taught by field professionals.
- The OSHA HAZWOPER refresher will include 15 customized activities.
- The HAZWOPER 8-hour refresher training will comprise nine quizzes, conducted after the completion of each module. Each quiz will comprise five questions. Students must attain more than 70% score to pass each quiz.
- The 8 hr HAZWOPER refresher will provide the completion certificate after the individual successfully clears the final exam. The exam will constitute of 50 questions. Individuals must attain at least a 70% score to meet the passing criteria.