The OSHA 10-hour general industry outreach training program sets out the provisions regarding the health and safety of entry-level workers in a general industry site. The course is designed to provide awareness on safety hazards present in a general industry workplace while educating the participants regarding preventive measures to avoid such threats.
OSHA 10 General Industry Training is mandatory for employees working in industries including but not limited to healthcare, warehousing, manufacturing, retail, distribution and others. The course provides relevant knowledge to participants and helps them identify, predict and prevent the potentially hazardous situations encountered on the work sites.
Components of the OSHA 10 Hour General Industry Course
The OSHA 10-hour general industry certification is mandatory for workers to comply with the health and safety regulations in the general industry. The OSHA 10 general industry topics cover the following spectrums:
- Orientation to the OSHA 10 Construction And General Industry Course.
- Labels and Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Introduction To OSHA
- Walking & Working Surfaces, Including Fall Protection (By OSHA 10 Hour General Industry Safety and Health Standards)
- Information On Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans, Fire Prevention Plans, And Fire Protection
- OSHA 10-Hr General Industry Safety Standards For Electrical Operations
- Understanding of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- OSHA General Industry Safety and Health Module of Hazard Communication.
- OSHA 10 General/ Construction Training For Machine Guarding And Safety.
- OSHA 10 General Industry Online Training For Ergonomics.
- OSHA General Industry Classroom Training For Record Keeping and Reporting.
- OSHA 10 General Industry Training Module of Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER).
By enrolling in our highly informative e-learning program, candidates can avail:
- Audio Lectures and collaborative activities
- Reality-based/situational case studies
- OSHA 10-hour general industry study guide. The study material can be downloaded and printed for further assistance.
- Access to the study material from any internet-enabled electronic device.
- Availability of a qualified course instructor to clear any queries.
Course Requirements of OSHA General Industry Certification
- The course credit for OSHA general industry safety and health certification is ten hours.
- An assessment comprising ten questions will be taken after the completion of each module. A passing criterion of 70% or above is set to proceed to the next level.
- Failure to meet the passing criteria in three attempts will result in locking out of the OSHA 10 general industry online training program.
- On completing the OSHA 10 hour general industry certification, participants will receive an online certificate along with an OSHA DOL (U.S Department of Labor) card.
- The course completion will be marked by achieving at least 70% in the course’s final assessment.
- Certification will be received after the individual has cleared all quizzes as well as the final exam.